How to Make a Book Cover

To make a great book cover fast easy and cheap without sacrificing quality... will depend on what app or software you use, and your time and dedication, If you decide to use software, it will give you the ability to do more, on the other hand an app will give you ready made pix, I use Canva and Poster my Wall, when I cannot find what I am looking for in Google search, it can also cut your time short if you are on a deadline.

The great thing about these apps the title and authors name is prearrange, the guessing work are all figured out. I must admit I prefer Microsoft Picture It, because I can arrange it from the start, which gives me great pride, for those who do not care to do so for one reason or another, then apps are the way to go.

Finding the write photo is key for your book credibility, make sure it matches the genre of work you present.

Do not be under any assumption a great book cover will help with sales, in today's climate that ship has sailed long ago, today it's about visibility.

What a cover does do, it establishes you as a serious writer from the fake and amateurs.

With many book cover apps, the categories will place the right picture with what you have in mind.

Once you do this, your title should stand out, if it is not speculator, unique, this can hurt sales because potential customers will think they may not get the values worth.

The Algorithms used by these sites does not calculate photos but they do indirectly with titles, and if someone's title is highly similar to yours, it might rank them higher because they had more time to procure reviews and sales.

Amazon Algorithms changes when you pay for keyword ads.

I had a unique title and tide it with the synopsis and still no luck in visibility, in fact Amazon placed other books that had nothing to do with my keyword book search.

I thought at the very least I would rank on the last page search, they never bothered to place my book on any pages.

This was a consistent problem.

Do not think you have a shot in the dark, because people will love your genius book, the truth is you can have a great story, but if you are not seen in almost all cases you will not make any sales, case in point amazon page searches are bought not freely seen, however, sites like smashwords, list at the top all new books for a period of time... at this moment, there are no paid ads for users.

This means crappy book covers has a chance to be seen.

The problem with this for all of smashwords and affiliates, together they hold 15 to 20 percent book sales across the internet, the rest goes to Amazon.

With a word of caution, do not make a cover with Amazons editor...unless they've improved on choice ability.

You can pick up any of my free ebooks at smashwords 

For a limited time... today only.

Any questions leave them below and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts