MIRACLES FROM THE STREETS OF NYC - PART 5

SECOND CHANCES AND LOST LIVES!

When I was a child I panned handle on the streets of Jamaica Queens. My situation was so serious food stamps were needed but it was never enough. At the time the welfare case worker had it in her head my dad still lived with us despite my mother and father's divorce and all his belongings were at his girlfriend house.

She questioned my brother and I without any parental presence and then told us we were liars... I was very upset, more so because I couldn't convince her otherwise, even though I tried not to let my emotions show...I felt slighted and all the more when my mother failed to come to my defense.

The impact that day would be felt for years to come in more ways than one.

In the following years I associated or was a member of a number of black and Latino gangs and the local Mafia in my neighborhood.

The old timers who were supposedly retired wiseguys and made guys trusted me enough to propose a lucrative business deal or partnership worth millions. They would first set me up on consignment three kilos of cocaine. I would have to first form a crew of my own.

It was a feeling beyond me and I just knew I would have to be more ruthless then the next guy.

The thought of panhandling and begging for money was a thing of the pass and I wanted to keep it that way.

At the time the local gangs were facing time and there was a vacuum that placed me in the driver's seat to be the next drug kingpin... it was like I was anointed... but it came with strings attached.

I confessed to my brother we might not make it the next time around, and we would have to do things in a certain way for our survival.

Option two we can walk away from it all and do something more with our lives.

I was surprised my brother didn't want to take a gamble I was hopeful either way.

In the next following days I felt pressured to make a distion but I knew once I put myself out there I wouldn't be able to take it back.

There were things I wanted to try the reason I hesitated; I saw a different life for myself, in addition I could feel myself in a casket... and so I walked away from it all.

Some of my friends took the deal and were enjoying the fruits of their drug enterprise.

After awhile, I began to rethink my decision, perhaps I had made a mistake. Each time the thought arises, something inside me said, "You have to continue. It's going to be hard, but you can do this!"

In less than six months they all were busted my good friend who was the leader went to prison for five years.

The day he was released he was shot near his home and sent to the hospital, after his recovery just feet's from his apartment door he was murdered, out of revenge.

Years later others neighborhood friends filled the vacuum and all were busted and thrown in jail or prison.

By walking away it was the best thing I did. In my book it is a miracle, it might not be other worldly however, had I followed my instant for greed my brother and I possible may not be here today, I believe the the spirit of second chances was working thru us.

MIRACLES FROM THE STREETS OF NYC

PART 1 - A True Story Based on Real Events

PART 2 - Personal Essay: A Drug Dealers Tails

PART 3 - My Experience with Acting Auditions

PART 4 - Teen Hunger and Starvation

PART 5 - Second Chances and Lost Lives

At this moment I am raising funds for my next film project, based on my life, if your interested in partnering contact me using the following social media links or email me directly.

In addition part of my proceeds to all my books are donated to preventing hate, hunger, gang violence, to a number of charities.

• Please support and buy your copy today!

• Included with a secret bonus.

Thank you

Max Stravagar

(Entertainment)

Vision Image Films

(Personal Blogs/Media press kit)

WordPress

BlogSpot

(Social Media)

Facebook

Twitter

(Book Site Sellers)

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Smashwords

Email: maxstravagar@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts