My Writing Experience with Crime Fiction...Real Shit

My crime fiction career began with The Spirit Risen a gangster who finds redemption in all places the afterlife, a novel idea at the time however, it stemmed from real life as a kid whenever a friend of mind who was a gang banger died from gun violence I would think to myself where did they go and are they in heaven?

As a child when my family couldn't aforded the rent we were forced to moved to the Bronx, the reception was hostile. The welcoming party came in the form of death threats.

Apparently a thief was going around the building complex stealing all the mail, so they decided to blame the new guys.

This chain of bad luck would extend to other separate events, shortly later my brother and I lives were truly in danger. 

It was a hot summer day we managed to work up a good thirst, so we decided with our Black and Latino friends to drink water at a near by park...reserved for white folks only.

We were chased out of the park like animals, into back alleys and onto roof tops while dodging bullets, whizzing past us.

At some point we all found ourselves trapped in a restaurant...with a crowd of over a hundred chanted hang the "N" word and hang and the "S" word.

What made matters worse the lock on the door pushed from the weight of the angry mob, snapped...the manager and waiters held the door with tables and chairs.

While many wiseguys urgently called for our removal... before the crowd wreaked the place...it was the scariest moment in my life.

Across the street ropes or nooses hanged out of tenants apartment windows...after a while I implored these same wiseguys and heavy weights to help us, only doing so when I confessed or blurted, "I was at the park looking for my father."

Those were the magic words that complelled them to confront the crowd... and one by one the ropes came down and our lives were saved.

In those days if you called the police they would arrive hours later, that day I didn't get the angels I wanted, I got the angels I needed, the problem was It delivered me into the hands of the devil and that was the beginning of my time in "The Life."

Over the following years I thought about writing my autobiography, especially after seeing The Sopranos was like a hit to the stomach. 

For years I jotted notes down on what I wanted to see in a Mafia film or TV series and in a crime fiction novel.

And just about every single topic and issues The Sopranos episode's dealt with was on my list.

So I decided to write Mirror Mafia loosely based on my life and Wiseguys Shadows.

You can pick up any of my free ebooks mentioned above at smashwords 

For a limited time... today only.

Any questions leave them below and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts